Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Colorady Lovin'


Home Sweet Home


This is the cabin that Morgan and I are living in... it is pretty much the sweetest little place ever. The idea of a home becomes such a concept after living in so many states and in so many little nooks. This one feels good and solid. We are experimenting with Vastu Shastra, which is Ayurveda for the home. It is remarkable how different a space can feel when it is 'aligned', and for most of us not building a house on these principles, it's mostly about appeasing the deities of each room since things are not how they should be. So, hanging bells from doors, or putting specific pictures on certain walls, etc. The book, Vastu Living, by Kathleen Cox is what we have been using and it is very nice- I highly recommend it! There is a whole concept of having a room for peace and serentiy, the zone of tranquility. I absolutely love this, I mean, who wouldn't? We are still in the process of purging things and keeping only what we really need, but our zone of tranquility is in the works!

I have started an actual company!!!! I know, wow. It's name is Flourish Ayurveda, I am doing diet and lifestyle consultations, along with making ghee and churnas (a mixture of fresh spices) specific for each person. If anyone is interested in Ayurveda and isn't here- I can do a phone consultation! One of the missions of this company is to reach out to everyone, regardless of cost. So, along with a sliding scale, I am opening the doors of the barter system to see where that takes me :-)

This is a mere update- I'll try to keep you posted! Gotta run to put oil in jars and simmer butter on the stove... xoxo



No comments: